This is a list of articles, video, and audio that may be assigned as part of the class, but also may just provide additional insight into the topics and ideas discussed in DS106. I encourage you to read, listen, view as many of them as you can. I’ll be updating it throughout the semester.
- A Personal Cyberinfrastructure, Gardner Campbell, EDUCAUSE Review, September/October 2009 (web site. also available as PDF.)
- A Network of Networks: Campbell Talks to Spring 2011 DS106 classes about A Personal Cyberinfrastructure (audio/MP3)
- From Knowledgeable to Knowledge-able, Michael Wesch, Faculty Academy Presentation, May 11, 2011 (streaming video)
- Web 2.0 Storytelling: The Emergence of a New Genre, Alan Levine & Bryan Alexander, EDUCAUSE Review, November/December 2008 (web site. also available as PDF.)
- Discussion of Web 2.0 Storytelling: Levine & Alexander talk to spring 2011 DS106 classes about Web 2.0 storytelling. (audio/MP3)
- Seven Things You Should Know about Creative Commons (PDF)
- This American Life (show web site, including streaming audio of all episodes)